Yields 12 Servings
It’s almost Super Bowl weekend and that means people will be serving up their favorite appetizers. This is a healthier but still tasty version of the traditional baked artichoke dip.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can baby artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place Romano cheese, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, salt, black pepper, red pepper, minced garlic, and white beans in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Spoon into a medium bowl. Stir in the artichokes and spinach. Spoon the mixture into a 1-quart glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
- Serve with your favorite whole grain crackers.
Serving Size 1/4 Cup
Calories: 87 Fat: 5.4g Saturated fat: 1.4g Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g Polyunsaturated fat: 1g Protein: 3.7g Carbohydrate: 4.9g Fiber: 1g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 232mg Calcium: 91mg